Welcome to the inaugural Tobago international Sea to Sea Marathon. Volunteers make it happen and we need many. We need you, before, during and after the races, at the Marathon Village, on Tobago blue food carb loading night and Tobago International Sea to Sea Marathon Fete Night. Volunteering is a great way to support our runners, so come on out! If you are available to work more than one shift that is AWESOME!!
*If you are running a race or plan on doing a scheduled activity, please do not select a job that conflicts with your other commitments.
*Volunteers must be 18 or older to be on their own unless prior permission has been given by the race director.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the area in which you want to volunteer from the list below along with your name, address, date of birth, phone number and t-shirt size.
You will be given Sea to Sea T-shirts to be worn when volunteering so as to be easily identifiable.
The following volunteer opportunities are available.
- Course Marshals: Marshals will be responsible for an assigned location along the race route. They will monitor both traffic and runners during the race. Marshals will stay at their assigned post until the completion of the event and can leave their posts only when instructed. Also, marshals may have one training meeting prior to the event.
- Hydration Station: This position involves preparing cups of water and passing out water to runners. Volunteers are responsible for set up and tear down of the water stations.
- General setup: Setting up and moving tables. Setting up Aid Stations and delivering miscellaneous course materials.
- Host and Information: You will be the source of all information about the race. Generally, you will be directing people to starts, finishes, registration, bathrooms, etc.
- Awards: You will work with the scorers of the events and the MC to get timely results posted and announced. Giving out medals you will be the life of the party.
- Finish line: Give directions and lead runners to the right location as they enter the beach, to ensure runner safety
- Sustainability crew: You will help make our event as environmentally friendly as possible by having recycle containers available and visible.
- Greeter: Welcome visitors to the Expo, direct participants to pick up their packets and t-shirts, as well as to the array of exhibit and sponsor tables.
- Floater / Runner: You assist the Expo staff by visiting the exhibit and sponsor tables to ensure needs and inquiries are met, monitor the hospitality room, and deliver supplies as needed.
- Information Booth: Provide information and answer questions about the event, race routes, parking, etc. some knowledge of the local area is a plus.
- Children’s Area: Help coordinate activities in the special area just for kids – exciting activities such as face painting, balloons, and games are just a few things that will be there. Volunteers ready to have fun will assist the children as needed!
- Data Entry: This entails inputting on a computer: athlete’s name, country/city, gender, age, etc. Volunteer must be very meticulous and good at spelling, as wrong data would impact on race results.
- Expo Tear Down: The reverse of set up. This crew will have a lot of physical labor – carrying tables, tearing down stages, cleaning up trash, etc.
- Volunteer Leaders: Volunteer leaders are ambassadors for the Tobago International Sea to Sea Marathon. Together with Sea to Sea staff and vendors, our volunteer leaders help manage many aspects of the race. Volunteer Leaders work closely with Sea to Sea staff and vendors to ensure the smooth operation of the marathon. Volunteer Leaders help ensure that every volunteer has a positive experience and that the needs of the organization, runners, sponsors, spectators, the island of Tobago, and the community are being met.
- Supervise, lead, guide and assist volunteers at Marathon. While on site, you will give an orientation and help with volunteer check‐in and cleanup of areas.
- Act as a liaison between Sea to Sea and volunteers under your supervision.
- Communicate with Sea to Sea staff and group leaders (of groups who are working in your area) before and after the marathon
- Volunteer leaders must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to participate for the full volunteer shift designated for your area, plus an hour before your volunteers are scheduled to arrive and an hour after your volunteers check out
- Must be committed to our mission and agree to be ambassadors for Sea to Sea Marathon and the island of Tobago.
- Volunteer Leaders must attend one orientation session in, March or April.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have good interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- Must be resourceful and have a positive attitude
- Must have regular access to the internet and a mobile phone.
- Interested volunteers should indicate that they are interested in the leadership option. Positions are available at the start line in the Main Ridge Forest Reserve (Bloody Bay), Roxborough, , Belle garden, Pembroke, Goodwood, Mount St. George, Hope/John Dial, Scarborough and Lambeau.
Volunteer Leaders Benefits:
- Volunteer Leaders will have the opportunity distribute medals to runners of the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K.
- Volunteer Leaders scheduled for the Tobago Sea to Sea Marathon receive a polo shirt to be worn on race day.
- Volunteer leaders will be invited to the Volunteer Appreciation Party following the Tobago International Sea to Sea Marathon.
- Please feel free to contact us for additional information or with questions.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
When you register to volunteer with Tobago Sea to Sea Marathon we ask you to honor these standards of conduct: Conduct yourself as a friendly, responsible, informative, and respectful representative of Tobago Sea to Sea Marathon. Treat everyone with respect and courtesy. Refrain from public criticism of participants and other volunteers refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering, including in social media postings of any kind. Please follow the directions of your volunteer leader.
Contact: Kern Thom, Sea to Sea Youth and Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com